Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Princesses don't wear pants......

My daughter is a bit of a princess.  On an given day she goes back and forth between being a princess and a cheerleader (with a snapping puppy mixed in between.....don't ask!).  I probably fostered it.  When she was little I was so excited about having a little girl, after having a boy, that I bought every skirt or dress in sight.  Now we fight over wearing pants and she will immediately put on a full dress or tutu the moment we walk in the door.  Does anyone else have this problem? I asked my daughter why she wouldn't wear pants, my two year old looked at me....sighed.....and said "Mommy, princesses don't wear pants."  So I thought about every Disney princess, and as much as I tried to use Mulan and Jazmine to persuade her, she was unconvinced.  So I decided on a solution, at least in part.  I decided to recreate the traditional princess outfit into something that had some type of pants.   My first attempt, Snow White (mostly because I had red satin, and yellow and blue cotton).  I just finished the outfit today.  The yellow pants are long with a ruffle on the bottom (typical boutique pants), a t-shirt with an appliqued apple on the front, and a cute cropped jacket that looks like the Snow White top.  If this solution is half as good as I think it is, more outfits will be forthcoming.   So since I am a late night seamstress, my model is already in bed for the night :-).  I will get it on her tomorrow and have plenty of pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment